Thursday 4 September 2014



   Face Framers


If, like me, you were a little overzealous with the tweezers in the early 00's and have ended up with sparse, uneven brows, you too will know the pain of waking up every morning and attempting to pencil in a makeshift pair. Terrified of appearing in public without your brows, you have always applied them before leaving your room in the morning and facing your flatmates, and you have pretty much resigned yourself to the fact that you will never swim again. Well, dust off your cossies my friends, because I have found a solution and you will NEVER look back...


Yesterday I popped up to Knightsbridge to the Tracie Giles Bespoke Permanent Make Up clinic and had the 3D hair by hair brow retouch treatment. Last year I had them done for the first time and fell in love with them, they frame my face, look super-neat and best of all, I can throw away my brow pencil as these babies stay on after swimming, showering and erm... sweating. Lovely. Although expensive, the initial treatment starts at £495 with annual retouches from £225, it really is worth saving up the cash and saving yourself the hassle and worry of drawing your brows on and hoping they're still in place by the end of the day.

The treatment is a little like having a tattoo done only less painful. The colour is applied with a needle which vibrates and there is a slightly eye watering, scratchy pain. The treatment lasts for about an hour and you might feel a little soreness afterwards. It's all worth it though, as you can see from my before and after snaps, my brows are much fuller and more defined and, thanks to Tracie's hair by hair technique, they're pretty natural looking - no 'scouse brows' here! 


Would you get semi-permanent make-up? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment