Wednesday 17 September 2014

Heavenly Hands 

I've always taken good care of my hands and nails and it's become especially important since I started modelling. I need to make sure my hands and nails are in the best condition for any close ups! So, I thought I'd share with you my routine for super-soft hands and strong nails.


Firstly, I file and shape my nails. I find it's best to do the shaping before getting your hands wet as this can make them a little softer and more difficult to shape. To reduce the length of my nails I use nail scissors, this is much easier and better for the nails than attempting to saw off long talons with a file. I highly recommend the Leighton Denny Crystal File for easy shaping.

 Next, I work Sanctuary Spa hand and cuticle scrub into my hands and then rinse with warm water. I love this scrub as it gently removes any dry skin as well as leaves my hands feeling soft and moisturised. I never used to bother with this step, but ever since having a luxury manicure as a Christmas present last year and was convinced of the benefits by my manicurist I've been sticking to it religiously and can really see a difference in my hands. I know it seems like extra hassle in an already time consuming routine, but it's definitely worth it.

Once I've patted my hands dry I pop a drop of cuticle oil (I use Sally Hansen's) onto each nail and then gently push back my cuticles with a manicure stick. I massage a rich hand and nail cream, such as the Norwegian Formula one shown in the picture, into my skin. I then wipe away the excess oil and cream from my nails with a cotton pad as it tends to stop the varnish from staying put once you apply it. Next, I begin the buffing, you can pick up a pack of multi-sided buffers from Primark for as little as a pound! Once my nails are smooth I apply Sally Hansen's Complete Care 4-in-1 treatment, this is one of my favourite strengthening treatments, it doesn't chip easily and really improves the condition of my nails. The polish dries pretty quickly and provides a great base for some colour or you can just leave your nails with a natural yet polished look!

Do you have a nail care routine or any hand and nail products you swear by? I'd love to hear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment